This is a set of links to Context/Earth blog posts and Azimuth Forum posts concerning the Southern Oscillation Index Model (SOIM), used to understand ENSO and El Nino.
Early Posts setting the stage
- The Southern Oscillation Index Model
- SOIM and the Paul Trap
- The SOIM Differential Equation
- Correlation of Time Series (NINO 3.4)
- The Chandler Wobble and the SOIM
- The SOIM: substantiating the Chandler Wobble and tidal connection to ENSO
- Using Tidal Gauges to Estimate ENSO
- An ENSO Predictor Based on a Tide Gauge Data Model
- Two modes to ENSO Variability
Comprehensive Posts featuring QBO, TSI, Chandler
Azimuth Forum threads
- Tidal records and enso
- NINO3 and seasonal alignment
- QBO and ENSO
- Multivariate ENSO Index (MEI)
- ENSO proxy records
- Is there an exact biannual global temperature oscillation?
- Symbolic regression machine learning and ENSO time-series
These forum threads are ones that I either initiated or partially hijacked with SOIM discussions. Look at the entire forum for other interesting ENSO and El Nino discussions (see research focus and recap).